Recently, there is no doubt that the popularity of coconut oil has skyrocketed, and there is a great reason for that. Actually, there are at least 50 good reasons for it!
Coconut (C. Nucifera) is a part of the Arecaceae (Palmae) family and belongs to the subfamily Cocoideae. Its flesh is rich in healthy acids, and its composition of fat may vary depending on its processing process and type.
Namely, medium-chain saturated fatty acids are around 90% of its content, combined with a small portion of polyunsaturated and mono-unsaturated fatty acids.
The human body easily digests, absorbs and uses medium-chain saturated fatty acids (MCFA’s), as they freely cross the blood-brain barrier in the unbound form, meaning that they may be used to promote neurological health and provide energy.
Virgin (unrefined) coconut oil is extremely useful, and at the same time, it is tasty, cheap, readily available, and entirely natural. Moreover, it has powerful health-promoting properties, such as:
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Antioxidant properties (prevents the formation of free radicals and the damage they cause)
- Anti-microbial/ Infection-fighting properties ( it effectively kills viruses, yeast, bacteria, protozoa and parasites)
- It is nontoxic to both, animals and humans
- Powerful anti-carcinogenic properties
Therefore, this oil is absolutely remarkable for use in numerous cases.
Internal Health Problems
IF TAKEN INTERNALLY, COCONUT OIL PREVENTS, ALLEVIATES AND HELPS NUMEROUS HEALTH ISSUES, AS FOLLOWS:
- Chronic and adrenal Fatigue
- Diabetes – coconut oil prevents food cravings and stabilizes blood sugar levels
- Cystic Fibrosis and Bronchial Infections
- Asthma – in both, adults, and children
- Acid Re-flux/Indigestion – In this case, consume coconut oil after meals
- Allergies – seasonal hay fever
- Gas – The imbalance of bacteria in the gut often leads to foul gas. This oil has mild anti-microbial properties and thus re-establishes healthy gut flora
- Colds and Flues – Coconut oil has potent anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties and is extremely useful in case of colds and flu
- Kidney Disease and Stones – it is really helpful as it dissolves small stones in the kidneys
- Epilepsy – Coconut oil may effectively reduce epileptic seizures
- Hemorrhoids – You should apply coconut oil externally or internally two times a day
- Liver Disease
- Heart Disease – it provides protection for arteries from injury that leads to atherosclerosis
- Lung Disease
Topical Health Problems
THE TOPICAL USE OF COCONUT OIL RELIEVES, TREATS AND HELPS IN THE CASE OF THE FOLLOWING HEALTH CONDITIONS:
- Athletes Foot
- Decongestant – If you are congested due to an allergy or a cold, you should rub some coconut oil on the chest and under your nose
- Head Lice – Apply it topically
- Herpes – You should take it orally and apply it topically
- Ear infection – It fights the infection, and in order to reduce the pain, you should pour several drops of coconut and garlic oil inside the ear two times during the day
Personal Hygiene and the Body
- Body Scrub – You should mix some salt and this oil, or you can add some other essential oil for a better smell as well, and rub your body. Afterward, wash the mixture off and your skin will be incredibly soft!
- Bruises – It reduces redness and swelling, and thus accelerates the healing process. Apply it directly to the bruise.
- Skin Conditions – It provides relief in the case of eczema, dermatitis, and psoriasis.
- Wrinkle Prevention and reduction – rub some coconut oil on the wrinkles and sagging skin, and you will strengthen the connective tissues and rejuvenate the skin.
General Health and Wellness
- Digestion – Coconut oil contains saturated fats which control fungi and parasites that lead to indigestion and other issues linked to digestion, like irritable bowel syndrome. This fat also helps the absorption of minerals, vitamins and amino acids, and thus promotes overall health.
- Bones and Teeth – It helps the absorption of magnesium and calcium and thus enhances the bone and teeth development.
- The absorption of vitamins and nutrients – This oil makes the fat-based nutrients, like vitamin D, E, A and K more available to the body
- Stress Relief – Apply some coconut oil to the head in a circular motion by massaging, and its aroma is relaxing and soothing and will reduce stress.
- Weight loss – Coconut oil contains saturated fats which prevent food cravings and promote weight loss.